Standard and reference data (SRD) is a core of the common information space of the enterprise (organization), which includes a set of directories, classification codes, standards, regulations used in the operation of the enterprise. The concept of creation of the common information space of a company or a holding assumes that this company uses one item of one system which has sufficient capacities for classification, cataloging, search and restriction of access to the SRD.
The solution “C&M ECC” (electronic classification code of commodities and materials) gives the possibility to create the effective automated standard and reference data management system within the formation of a single information system of the enterprise.
The use of C&M ECC Automated Information System in the enterprise (corporation/holding company) gives the possibility to:
- create the centralized standard and reference data bank,
Centralized storage of basic data on C&M gives the possibility to function in a single information space both to users of this information and to all accounting systems of the enterprise.
- centralize standard and reference data management functions,
The selected subdivision or the group of support of C&M ECC holds responsibility for the actuality of SRD of the enterprise with observance of generally accepted corporate standards of classification and coding. Both the Center and subordinate divisions are able to “speak” the same language:
- creation of a single regulation and technological environment of access to normative reference information,
- required data safety level and continuous actualization of these data eliminate the possibility of storage of duplicated, incorrect or outdated information.
C&M ECC subsystems
- Users and rights management subsystem
- C&M classification subsystem
- C&M basic classification code (BCC)
- C&M directory
- Grouping subsystem
- C&M inventory subsystem
Users and rights management subsystem
The subsystem is a tool for distribution of roles and permitted functions and rights among users. This is a mandatory tool for data protection and control of behavior of users.
C&M classification subsystem
The subsystem includes all sorts of tools enabling to add, to correct, to update the classification code and the directory of commodities and materials, to track the history of changes, to create various data selections and to export data required (e.g. to Excel).
C&M classification subsystem is based on communications of the C&M directory with the C&M ECC basic classification code (mandatory communication) and with existing classification codes of state, European and global levels (non-mandatory communications). Number of classification codes, including additional ones (classification codes of users), is not limited.
Basic classification code
Basic classification code (BCC) is a tree representation established on the basis of customer needs, in which C&M are divided into classes / subclasses / types / subtypes, etc. (nesting level is not limited). The purpose of partitioning is to place nomenclatures with the same sets of properties, unchangeable property values and the same rules of generation of fields in the same BCC element.
C&M directory includes the list of C&M, services and products manufactured by the enterprise.
Information on any material is presented in the C&M directory in the form of a card with the following structure:
- Main characteristics (regular part).This is its full name indicated in accordance with applicable regulations, short name, name of its model, short characteristics and description. In this connection, the expert can configure the rule of generation of names, models and basic characteristics in the BCC template on the basis of data of other fields of the card
- Properties and property values (variation part). Number of the properties is not limited.
- Reference to regulations, given that there may be several regulations.
The subsystem is used for grouping and organizing (sorting) nomenclatures based on lines of classification codes and properties of C&M. Nomenclature groups are being used as a basis for generation of reports in other modules of the system.
C&M inventory subsystem
The subsystem is used for the prevention of recording of inauthentic, duplicated and irrelevant C&M in the C&M directory.
The business process of approval of C&M cards is adjusted in accordance with the regulations approved by the company.
Benefits of C&M ECC
C&M ECC system gives the possibility to provide the following in the enterprise:
- Advanced technologies in data classification;
- Fully functional software for efficient search, data classification and actualization
- Automation of technique of centralized maintenance and support of relevance of directory of commodities and materials and SRD;
- Formalization and normalization of generation of names;
- Availability of the customized business process used for approval of new C&M cards by roles of users;
- Availability of tools for integration with application systems;
- Possibility to create a basis for a single information space in the enterprise.
Practical use of C&M ECC
- As a basis for integration of separate systems;
- Centralized common SRD database with effective tools for management and search of data in:
- C&M nomenclatures
- Properties of nomenclatures, regulatory standards;
- As an electronic technical catalog of products with a list of properties and their values for each nomenclature;
- As a tool for generation of C&M purchase orders in common terms within the whole enterprise;
- As a basis for automation of processes of management of inventories, procurement, production and sales of C&M from planning to performance and analysis.